18/07/2011 16:00Chasing for Racing
After a 10-month racing season, jockeys and horses are now enjoying their relaxing summer holiday. Horses will come back to trackwork riding at the end of July, while jockeys will start training in late August. However, outside the restful racecourses, there are still a group of youngsters fighting for a better future for the Club.
Well-known professional jockeys and trainers as Tony Cruz, P F Yiu, K W Lui, K L Man, C S Shum, Y S Tsui, M Chadwick, and the rising star K C Ng, they enjoy a high reputation both in HK and abroad as making efforts to win honour for HK in international competitions. Actually, they are all from the Hong Kong Jockey Club’s Racing Development Training programme (formerly called Apprentice Jockey’s Programme). During their training, they were required to clean up stables, improve themselves mentally and physically and even represent HK like Vincent Ho to compete in Asian Young Guns Challenge in Australia.
Everyone has a dream. When I was young, I always dreamt that I could be a racing hero at Sha Tin Racecourse. It is obviously impossible now, but as a racing fan, besides watching live meetings and betting, we could also encourage young people to join the racing industry. It’s a way not only making contributions to the Club, but also broadening career horizons for the youngsters.
The recruitment of racing trainees is open now. If you are interested, why not have a try? Perhaps it will be your career for life!
The above content and information are the personal views and/or opinions of each individual writer and do not represent the views of The Hong Kong Jockey Club and/or its subsidiaries (together, the "HKJC"). The content and information are provided by the writers solely for entertainment purpose only and should not be construed as a suggestion for anyone to place any bet nor should they be taken and/or relied upon as advice of any kind.
RM Baby was the host of my HKJC Racing Master Game, and she is now expanding her experiences to different entertainment and enjoyment available in the racecourse, sharing every valuable and exciting moment with all the horse racing fans, and reporting the latest news on different horse racing events.
- Tension Builds Up for the Upcoming key races
- Champion horses at overseas and Hong Kong races
- Surprises From the Beginning of the Season
- Last question in Champion Awards
- Hong Kong runners to go “military” in overseas races
- Famous connections witness the APQEII Barrier Draw
- Michelle Reis shines through the French Window
- Racing and Fashion
- Striking upcoming races
- Can BLACK CAVIAR extend her winning record?
- Hong Kong racing's 2013 hot topics
- Triumph comes to those who never give up
- Exciting atmosphere extends to Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day
- What Racing Fans Need every year…
- Rounding Up the Season
- Voting of the Horse of the Year starts to wriggle
- Home Grown Stars Perform Well
- Strengthen the overseas adaptability of our runners
- Every horse in Derby has his merits
- A Fruitful Month
- The No.1 in Hong Kong racing is…
- Wish you a Merry Christmas and a bright New Year
- Battle of the Winners
- Put all eggs in one basket or not?
- Hong Kong representatives more active on international stage
- Cheer for our stars
- Are You Ready?
- Betting in the iPhone Way
- Seize Our Day Finale!
- Get Bonus on Hong Kong Reunification Raceday
- Getting an up-close look at the beauties
- Returning "Home" After Wandering for 160 Years
- Rock & Race
- Get a Lucky Horse Coin Pouch