05/12/2011 19:00Battle of the Winners
We are ready!
As Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races is getting closer, more and more overseas horses are coming to our city. It's one of my favorite times of the whole year, so exciting to see those heroes close up.
However, some unexpected incidents happened this year and the relevant horses have been forced to withdraw from the competitions. This includes the British winner of the 2010 Hong Kong Cup, SNOW FAIRY. She was injured in morning track work after coming to HK and sent back to the UK afterwards to recover. She will be missed and we hope she’ll recover soon and come back for next year's APQE II.
Apart from the bad news, we still have good news; Frankie Dettori has been invited to Cathay Pacific International Jockeys' Championship. The last time Dettori came to compete in the Championship was eight years ago. He was first champion jockey in 1999 and crowned the champion again in 2001, a master by common consent. He will face a big challenge from defending champion R Moore. Can our old buddy give us a good show?
In this year's Hong Kong International Races, the focus is on AMBITIOUS DRAGON and CALIFORNIA MEMORY who will be fighting it out in the Hong Kong Cup. This double-insurance strategy shows how eagerly our team wants to win after VENGEANCE OF RAIN's astonishing victory in 2005. In the Mile and the Sprint, we have a good winning record and are optimistic for our representatives to continue to add more. The only threats in my eyes are ROCKET MAN in Sprint and APAPANE in Mile. The Hong Kong Vase is a long distance race and not one of our strengths, but I still wish our diligent runners good luck.
Finally, we are ready!
The above content and information are the personal views and/or opinions of each individual writer and do not represent the views of The Hong Kong Jockey Club and/or its subsidiaries (together, the "HKJC"). The content and information are provided by the writers solely for entertainment purpose only and should not be construed as a suggestion for anyone to place any bet nor should they be taken and/or relied upon as advice of any kind.
RM Baby was the host of my HKJC Racing Master Game, and she is now expanding her experiences to different entertainment and enjoyment available in the racecourse, sharing every valuable and exciting moment with all the horse racing fans, and reporting the latest news on different horse racing events.
- Who deserves to be No.1?
- AEROVELOCITY should compete overseas
- Second Legs of the Series Determine Star Horses’ Fate
- Cheer for our local squad
- November – A series of remarkable races
- Surprising Season Opening MV
- Highlights of the new season
- I have changed favorites
- Overseas Races Hold the Key to Horse of the Year
- Special eyes on the Derby runners
- For the Glory, For the Future
- Remarkable moments in 2013
- Tension Builds Up for the Upcoming key races
- Champion horses at overseas and Hong Kong races
- Surprises From the Beginning of the Season
- Last question in Champion Awards
- Hong Kong runners to go “military” in overseas races
- Famous connections witness the APQEII Barrier Draw
- Michelle Reis shines through the French Window
- Racing and Fashion
- Striking upcoming races
- Can BLACK CAVIAR extend her winning record?
- Hong Kong racing's 2013 hot topics
- Triumph comes to those who never give up
- Exciting atmosphere extends to Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day
- What Racing Fans Need every year…
- Rounding Up the Season
- Voting of the Horse of the Year starts to wriggle
- Home Grown Stars Perform Well
- Strengthen the overseas adaptability of our runners
- Every horse in Derby has his merits
- A Fruitful Month
- The No.1 in Hong Kong racing is…
- Wish you a Merry Christmas and a bright New Year
- Put all eggs in one basket or not?
- Hong Kong representatives more active on international stage
- Cheer for our stars
- Are You Ready?
- Betting in the iPhone Way
- Chasing for Racing
- Seize Our Day Finale!
- Get Bonus on Hong Kong Reunification Raceday
- Getting an up-close look at the beauties
- Returning "Home" After Wandering for 160 Years
- Rock & Race
- Get a Lucky Horse Coin Pouch