22/12/2011 14:00Wish you a Merry Christmas and a bright New Year
The Hong Kong team has won three championships in this year's Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races, the best record ever since 2002. When California Memory under Matthew Chadwick beat a top-class field to land the Hong Kong Cup, it was really an exciting moment for all local racing lovers - we've been waiting so long for the local jockey victory; since Colonial Chief's win with Tony Cruz on the saddle in 1989. Bravo, Chadwick!
However, after all this good news comes something quite upsetting. Our former champion horse Good Ba Ba, one of my favourites, will soon be racing again, as he has gone to Macau and is now back in training. During his glorious career in Hong Kong, he became something of an icon among local racing fans. He remains the only horse at home or overseas to win one of the Hong Kong International Races three times in a row, the Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile from 2007 to 2009. As the horse will turn to 10, I'm worried about his current form and living conditions. He more than deserves a leisurely retirement. It's no wonder that Club's CEO Winfried said he was saddened by this decision. Next time when watching races in Macau, I don't know how I'll feel about seeing his familiar figure among the runners, maybe bittersweet. After all, his safety is more important than the result.
Christmas Eve is round the corner. We wish health and success to our lovely horses in the coming year and also warm wishes to you all over the Christmas season!
The above content and information are the personal views and/or opinions of each individual writer and do not represent the views of The Hong Kong Jockey Club and/or its subsidiaries (together, the "HKJC"). The content and information are provided by the writers solely for entertainment purpose only and should not be construed as a suggestion for anyone to place any bet nor should they be taken and/or relied upon as advice of any kind.
RM Baby was the host of my HKJC Racing Master Game, and she is now expanding her experiences to different entertainment and enjoyment available in the racecourse, sharing every valuable and exciting moment with all the horse racing fans, and reporting the latest news on different horse racing events.
- Tension Builds Up for the Upcoming key races
- Champion horses at overseas and Hong Kong races
- Surprises From the Beginning of the Season
- Last question in Champion Awards
- Hong Kong runners to go “military” in overseas races
- Famous connections witness the APQEII Barrier Draw
- Michelle Reis shines through the French Window
- Racing and Fashion
- Striking upcoming races
- Can BLACK CAVIAR extend her winning record?
- Hong Kong racing's 2013 hot topics
- Triumph comes to those who never give up
- Exciting atmosphere extends to Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day
- What Racing Fans Need every year…
- Rounding Up the Season
- Voting of the Horse of the Year starts to wriggle
- Home Grown Stars Perform Well
- Strengthen the overseas adaptability of our runners
- Every horse in Derby has his merits
- A Fruitful Month
- The No.1 in Hong Kong racing is…
- Battle of the Winners
- Put all eggs in one basket or not?
- Hong Kong representatives more active on international stage
- Cheer for our stars
- Are You Ready?
- Betting in the iPhone Way
- Chasing for Racing
- Seize Our Day Finale!
- Get Bonus on Hong Kong Reunification Raceday
- Getting an up-close look at the beauties
- Returning "Home" After Wandering for 160 Years
- Rock & Race
- Get a Lucky Horse Coin Pouch